[DeTomaso] How many threads needed for lug nut engagement?

John McKee johnmckee at cox.net
Mon Dec 7 21:46:46 EST 2009

Ken,

I spoke with the guy at Team III Wheels today (wheels I am using).  He said
the wheel thickness at the hub is approximately 1/2".  His recommendation is
to have wheel studs that protrude 1-1/8" from the wheel mounting surface.
That should get the minimum 10 turns that he suggested.  I just checked and
I can get 7 turns with the stock wheel studs and it visibly does not look
like enough so I will definitely need Ed to use longer studs than stock.

Thanks,
John