[DeTomaso] Fw: More cruise control issues

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:51:22 EDT 2009

Chris et al:

What you guys need is the speedometer adapter/VSS generator that is sold by a speedo shop
in Michigan.  Do a search in SOBill's database, and it will show up.  As I remember it
costs about $120.  It's specifically made for our ZFs, and is a drop in install.

The tech was correct... also knowledgeable... kinda.  The magnets on the driveline have
been used by the aftermarket cruise control kit makers for years.  Sears used to sell that
kind of system for all the old Detroit iron that didn't come with a cruise control.

The other advantage (at least I think so) of using a VSS is you can install a good
electronic speedo!  Makes a huge improvement.  Especially if you've wanted to go to a
white face instrument that you can actually see, or if you wanted to change the Veglia
out, for a modern tach.

I'm attaching pictures, but you guys on the list... sorry...

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNNR05829/RTHPNNR05829.asp

Do you have night photos showing how well the gauges can be seen?

Someone recently added photos of their gauges at night, and they looked GREAT!

Chuck
(The Registry Guy)

The 5 inch Autolite Ultralite Pro series speedo and tach are a "drop in" replacement, and
work perfectly.  Plus they're very easy to calibrate... which can be important if you have
non standard tires. The instruments below have all the same indicator lights that the
Veglia's have, and they plug straight into the original harness.

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"
The Electric Pantera