[DeTomaso] NPC- Ruger Mark II .22 Question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 16:00:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/31/09 7:43:08 AM, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> If you can get your barrel unscrewed I would be impressed since they are
> once piece units!

You must be thinking of a different model. The Ruger mk2 auto pistol
barrels are threaded 1"-28 SAE fine. As I said, the hardest part is gripping the
tapered barrel without scarring to screw in or out. And as one friend
reminded me, the thread depth also sets the cartridge headspace, so I adjusted my
barrel rather than the receiver so I could use either the 4-3/4" or 6" barrel
interchangeably. Cheers- J Deryke