[DeTomaso] switch positions for Audiovox Cruise Control

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Aug 30 14:50:03 EDT 2009

I have double springs now, and I can't recal if I had them before, but either way, the thing worked great until I installed the LEDs.  The coincidence is too great for it to be anything else, especially now having read the relay needs of the new unit.  I'll be when the audiovox cc was made they didn't even have LED taillights!

If the wiring is right for yours, I'd try it with the relay (I can send you the schematic for it if you want), I also bought an auxiliary vacuum canister that goes between the cc unit and the vacuum hose from the engine.  It's supposed to hold more pressure to help with dual-spring throttles and such.

I'll keep you all posted as to what happens with mine after I fool with it a bit today.

Sincerely,

Chris