[DeTomaso] A new engine in my future?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:42:04 EDT 2009

Tim,

Admitted 100% Ebay feedback is better than anything less, but it really doesn't say a lot about the quality of the engines this guy delivers. Ebay feedback deadline is 90 days from the auction, so with any lead time on the engine, shipping etc. it's barely installed and broken in before buyers have to leave feedback, so at best it says this guy delivers an engine.

450-500HP is a reasonable (and moderately safe) goal for a 351C and doesn't really require that many 'trick' parts.

We have all read stories of quality parts being substituted with lesser and as the man says "you gets what you pays for", I suggest you find a reputable engine builder close to home, establish eye to eye contact and have him rebuild your engine. Dan Jones is always an excellent sounding board for build recommendations to get what you expect from your next engine.

Good luck,

Julian