[DeTomaso] Flow Kooler water pump

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 03:10:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/26/09 8:41:33 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> The (Flowkooler) heater hose connection is a nipple cast into the pump
> body, if I remember correctly.  I wanted to block it, so I cut it off,
> threaded it, and screwed in a pipe plug.
>
> If I were buying another pump, I'd buy an Edelbrock or Weiand.

The heater connections on the Weiand 8209 are two pipe-threaded holes. The
lower one is useless on a Pantera since the alternator runs into it, but the
threaded boss is pretty thin on at least the early pumps. If you tighten a
pipe plug in too much, the boss may split. Use teflon tape and some care.
FWIW- J Deryke (satisfied with the Weiand except for the thin boss- since
1992)