[DeTomaso] pressure and overflow tank hose issue

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 12:42:40 EDT 2009

Hello Friends,

My car is a 1972 Pantera #3196 that was just in the Gumball 3000.

We had no overheating issues in the rally due to expert rewiring and
installation of sucker fans by PI Motorsports .

Last week I saw antifreeze leaking from a hose connected from the neck of
the pressure tank to the bottom of the overflow tank.The strange thing is
that the neck of the pressure tank is 3/8" and goes for about 4" and then
connects to a 5/8" hose.I went to home depot to retrofit a brass connector to
mate the two hoses.Do I have the wrong overflow tank in the car? I feel
there  should be one diameter hose from tank to tank .3/8" to 3/8" i believe is
correct  but my overflow tank does not have a 3/8" neck to connect to.

In 90 degree weather the temp gauge is sitting at 200 degrees.But that
brass connection bothers me.I am waiting for it to blow under pressure.

Any ideas?

Robert
Team Pantera Racing #3196
Gimball3000 #56