[DeTomaso] pressure and over flow tank

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 14:10:22 EDT 2009

'On the neck of my pressure tank is a 3/8" fitting .On my car that
fitting has a 4 " long hose going to a mating piece that takes the 3/8" hose to a
3/4"  hose.The reason is because the fitting on the overflow tank is a 3/4
"fitting. Is my car outfitted with the wrong overflow tank or is this normal?'

Normal-   I think Panteras originally had a special little two-sized hose
joining the two tanks. Most rapidly rotted away or cracked, leading to
overheating as hot water was expanded out but could not be pulled back on cooling.
I made a couple of adapter fittings for two different sized hoses- similar
to what you have (maybe you have one of mine!) but there are several other
solutions that also work, such as changing tanks or tank fittings. Cheers- J
Deryke