[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 61, Issue 26-Esakov

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 11:23:20 EDT 2009

Esakov's car does have quite an elaborate cage
with bars on the floor, down the middle of the windshield
and at the back wall to keep things together.
In talking to him in Reno his concern was finishing
the Race without breaking the car... something we
were all thinking... he has calmed down a little in
order to keep the beast together... what a machine

As far as rocks and dirt entering the engine bay
and collecting on the top of the engine... having a
black finished engine bay I can just drive around
the block and dirt is sucked everywhere.. I was thinking
about seeing if I could do parking lot cleaning with
the car since it sucks up so much stuff into the engine bay

My autocross firebird used to have rocks that ended up
on the dash, back window shelf and of course all over the
engine... Most of the autocross tracks are old airports or
parking lots so they are rarely cleaned except by the sticky
autocross tires that pick up every thing and throw it around

My engine builder says the small things like alum, rocks etc
don't seem to hurt the engine.. he worries about hard metal
like rods, valves, hardened bolts

Bob  Benson #3 Black Pantera- thinking about doing Laguna
                                               at an uncorked exhaust event
in two weeks