[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Pantera: Classic Motorsports Magazine Articles

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:38:32 EDT 2009

There USED to be a museum at the factory. The article is apparently somewhat
dated. They began setting it up in roughly 2000, and after Alejando DeTomaso
moved on to the big concourse in the sky, the museum was broken up and sold.

You can see photos of it on my portion of the POCA website -

They used to have a pretty good collection of interesting things - the
Mangusta prototype, two Vallelungas (one "normal" and one aluminum bodied
proto), a Pantera GTS, the last Pantera Si built, a DeTomaso F1 car, a
handful of experimental DeTomaso engines, and I forget what else...

Sadly all that has been scattered.

I snapped a photo of the odometer of the ex-museum Pantera Si at the 50th
anniversary a few months back - it now has 763 kilometers on the clock.

If you do go to the Modena area, the Lamborghini museum is well worth the
visit. You need to arrange the visit ahead of time, but it is a quite large
collection.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"