[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:22:15 EDT 2009

I can't answer from any absolute degree but in my experience I have never
seen a dragster tuned using the cold can, only used when racing so I am
deducing that the temperature change doesn't change the mixture to any
degree or they would be tuning the car using chilled fuel as well.  If there
was any difference it would have been known for the last 50 plus years when
the practice first started ( if not before then ).

Nitro as a fuel contains it's own O2, i think it has close to 11x more air
in it than gasoline does and that is why it produces such massive HP.
and why they can litterally flood the cylinders on a run ( 10-12 gallons in
a 1/4 mile ).

Michael Shortt