[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Aug 25 13:27:17 EDT 2009

I find surprisingly little stuff inside the air cleaner when I open it. On the other hand there's always surprisingly plenty of stuff on top of the engine around the intake/carb. Leaves I can understand but the pebbles are bigger than I had expected. Like you say Göran, the air that I suck in at ground level is on its way up past the engine to the deck lid hole so anything (dust, leaves or squirrels) suspended in it would end up at the air filter anyway. Those of you who have gloss paint in the engine bay can verify that... :-)

Tomas