[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Aug 25 08:56:04 EDT 2009

Yes, you have, several times. Larger objects will just pass the
air intake and not find its way all the way up the hose. The
rest is trapped by the airfilter and the rest will go right
out the exhaust with almost no harm. Even if we not use a hose
from under the car, the engine compartment will still be loaded
with the "fine dust air" no matter what, for the engine to breath.
Maybe the roof scoop will be the best here.
Goran

I'm pretty sure I posted to the list several times that I duct my air
from underneath the car with a homemade system. I use a stock aircleaner
with two home made snouts that connect to flex tubing that go down to
just above the bottom of the chassis. I have no scoops under the car.
I've measured the air temp inside the air cleaner and it's marginally
above ambient which is a huge improvement compared to the temps
mentioned in the posts from this week. I don't have front hood vents.
Anyone can verify their under car temperature with a simple
indoor/outdoor thermometer, just duct tape the outdoor sensor to the
floor pan under your butt, run the cable through the door opening and
drive away.

Tomas