[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Aug 25 02:57:20 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure I posted to the list several times that I duct my air
from underneath the car with a homemade system. I use a stock aircleaner
with two home made snouts that connect to flex tubing that go down to
just above the bottom of the chassis. I have no scoops under the car.
I've measured the air temp inside the air cleaner and it's marginally
above ambient which is a huge improvement compared to the temps
mentioned in the posts from this week. I don't have front hood vents.
Anyone can verify their under car temperature with a simple
indoor/outdoor thermometer, just duct tape the outdoor sensor to the
floor pan under your butt, run the cable through the door opening and
drive away.

Tomas