[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 22:28:56 EDT 2009

I think the idea that hot air is three or four inches off the ground is
a misconception. Hot air rises . It is not static.
>> True, however the source of the heat is the sun baked pavement which heats the air
present. Hold your finger in the air 3" above a heat source (candle flame), then hold it 3 feet
above the same heat source, and you'll find that the air is hotter closer to the heat source.

In a fire they tell
you to try to get as close to the floor as is possible to try to breath.
>> Purely a function of smoke, not heat. The idea is that the smoke and soot have risen
with higher into the air and will choke you if you try to breath it. And many of the
combustion byproducts of a home fire are dangerous.

Can't wait to hear the results of your testing. Great idea!