[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 21:33:20 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/24/09 14 20 55, hemipanter at hemipanter.se writes:

> Will, do you maybe have this statement of Wilkinson handy?
> It suprises me that he should claim a thing that he could hardly
> have observed.

I'm sure it was a communication problem.   Wilkinson was assurely speaking
about the flow of air through the A/C at the rear of the car, which does
change with speed.   Airflow past the engine always comes from the bottom and
out the top at all speeds.

I don't believe the airflow actually reverses at the A/C.   What probably
happens is that there is a vacuum generated at the rear of the car and
airflow stagnates.