[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 20:09:34 EDT 2009

<<< Has anyone built upon the snorkel idea?  Getting the air from below was a stock
application at one point (per Asa Jays picts i believe), was it not?  Seems that is the direction
the air wants to flow anyway... >>>

I think the issue is that the air beneath the car is already warmer than we want - it's inches off
the hot pavement and is therefore hotter than air 3-4 feet off the ground, and it's been heated
by the radiator exhaust which exits under the car (unless perhaps you have hibachi grills in
the hood).

The goal of a cold air intake (or nitrous for that matter) is to cool the intake charge to make
more power.

Cheers!
Garth