[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 16:20:28 EDT 2009

Your observations are spot on.  The engine bay acts like a vacuum and sucks dirt and
gravel off the road and into the engine compartment. I've never had an offroad excursion, but
I've been surprised how much gravel I've found sitting atop my frame rails.

$99 Water to Air Ice Box
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?products_id=1227

Here's a DIY alcohol injection system with an ice chamber:
http://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota/200096-alcohol-injection-complete-7.html

Another, less professional attempt:
http://www.geocities.com/bretq/DIY_Icebox_CAI.html

And perhaps the most popular way to cool the intake charge is through the use of Nitrous Oxide!

Cheers!
Garth