[DeTomaso] Engine Bay Air Flow

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Mon Aug 24 15:58:19 EDT 2009

Yesterday, I taped some light string to my rear deck lid and went for a ride. I was told by a few people (including Wilkinson) that the air flow, at higher speeds, flows into the rear opening. This was not the case. At least until 80 MPH. The air flows up from the engine, out the decklid opening.
I kept track of air intake temperatures as I drove. At idle, the temp was 184 degrees. At 60 mph, the air intake temp was 174 deg. The outdoor temp was roughly 80 deg.
I need to get the cooler air into  the motor. There is roughly, a 1% hp gain for every 10 deg cooler air. That's free hp.
Will