[DeTomaso] Two things questions

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 14:25:15 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/22/09 6:48:12 AM, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> My plans are to make a left tub and right tub; probably from aluminum.
> May leave the center open for air flow through the trans cooler (where the
> A/C was).

If you're going to that much trouble, I'd suggest using stainless sheet; it
doesn't conduct heat as well as aluminum so you won't be so limited in what
you can carry back there. FWIW, after a 5-hour drive across the desert to
'Vegas, our ZF got up to 180 degrees F, and its only inches away from the tub
bottom.'Course you could always insulate the tub(s)- or Jet-hot-coat it!
Also remember, air flow thru the rear cooler of a normal Pantera body is from
the outside-in, not from inside out, due to the big air swirl behind the
car. Good luck- J Deryke