[DeTomaso] Two things questions

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Aug 22 06:27:08 EDT 2009

Bill,

I only put the tub in two or three times a year and only for the duration of that particular trip, typically a weekend trip or a longer trip to a meeting. To protect the paint I put carpet on the back of the tub. I covered almost all of it, not just the contact points, as the fiberglass is very rough and scratches the paint easily. The tub is not secured at all and the Dzus holes have been filled. I've been doing this for 13 years and some 70000 kms and the paint job is amost 20 years old. It still looks good IMO. I've not had problems with chipping when working on the car despite pulling the heads and trans from the car over the years. I wash the engine bay every time I wash the car. I also make sure that I never put the tub in when the engine bay is not clean.

Tomas