[DeTomaso] Flow Kooler water pump

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Aug 22 01:31:53 EDT 2009

My new Flow Kooler water pump arrived earlier this week.  Tonight I took
some photos.
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=3042

- It has a backing plate already attached to the impeller.
- The bypass is -not- blocked and my photos provide interesting insight
into the recirculation system.
- I've illustrated two different gaskets that come with the pump, one of
which I don't believe would work very well.

I'm excited about using this new pump.
Oh, and I got a new neck on my swirl tank, and with a new cap, I now get
a good 15 lb of holding pressure with no leaks.  Amazing.  The shop did
tell me the neck that was installed had no inner lip, it just tapered
down into the tank and they couldn't get a seal on it, even though they
-told- me they measured it (using a micrometer) and said it was the
proper depth.  Not sure I believe that, but they couldn't find the old
neck in the trash for me to compare it to.  Anyway, the new one holds.
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=3089
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=3092

Tomorrow is another big wrench turner day.  I plan to work on the
Pantera all day long and get as much done as possible.  My goal would be
to drive it by Monday.

Wish me luck or come on over if your local.  :)
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA