[DeTomaso] Two things questions

Mixmagic mixmagic at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 21:14:14 EDT 2009

Bill,
Despite the views of some on this list, I elected to paint my engine
bay and could not be happier with the decision.  The clean-up factor
is a non-issue since the painted surface is way easier to clean due to
its smooth slick surface.  When I would attempt to clean the rough
original looking surface, I could never get the dirt out of all of the
crevices.

The key is to make sure they clear over it with an epoxy based paint.
It has been impervious to most engine fluids and unless you're very
clumsy when bleeding the clutch slave cylinder, that shouldn't be a
problem either.

At cruise nights and car shows I usually have a pretty good crowd
arranged around the back end of the car and it has completely changed
the way in which my car is judged at car shows.  It very seldom leaves
without some kind of award.

I have found that I very rarely want to use the tub but when forced to
for luggage hauling, I have attached the smooth side of velco
stripping on the underside of the tub anywhere where it comes into
contact with the paint.  I have had no marking at all.  Its been 5
years.
I would do it again in a heartbeat.

George Luif