[DeTomaso] Two things questions

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 20 20:24:06 EDT 2009

Paint it body color, but don't use the liner.

It will chip, scratch, etc.  It's called character.

Does it have roller or flat tappets?  If it has flat tappets, you need to
keep the rpm's up for 10-15 minutes - or something like that.  I'd also use
break-in oil.

I've never driven a car hard to break in the rings.  I'm just careful with
it, watching for leaks, correct timing, etc.  After 1,000 or so miles, I
change the oil, and keep checking for leaks, etc., until it seems happy.

A dyno is a good idea, but not required.