[DeTomaso] Late Model Pantera A/C experts?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Thu Aug 20 15:08:15 EDT 2009

The thermostat only controls the compressor clutch, no vacuum doors or
flaps. The sound you hear is when the compressor starts and stops. If
the compressor doesn't cycle and it has a problem keeping the temp low
it sounds like you might be low on refrigerant.

Have you replaced the low pressure cut off switch?

My system dumped the charge in the cabin on our 2006 trip when there
was an excessive pressure and in the post mortem we found out that
there is no high pressure cut off. I replaced the switch with a high
and low cut off switch.

I have now replaced the leaking compressor and hope that I'll finally
have a reliable, non-leaking system.

Cheers,
Thomas