[DeTomaso] Monterey cross-ram Gr4 Pantera sales result

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Aug 20 10:14:26 EDT 2009

Bill Lewis skrev:
> Mike, how tall/big are you?
>
> I am in the process of re-doing my car, and I have sat in several
> friend's Panteras, and the problem is that my head hits the top of the
> car in most other-than-stock seats.

I just checked the clearance with my new seats, and the height from the
seat to the roof is 86cm (~34"), straight up. I'm 175cm (5'10) and I can
stuff 3-4 fingers between my head and the roof.

I have used M10 nuts as spacers between the rails and the seat, to get
enough clearance to get my fingers in to install the front bolts. I
believe I can get rid of these if I use ARP small head M8 bolts, and
that will provide an additional 1/2" or so.

My car (1984 GT5) came with dropped floor pans from the factory btw.

I'm just back from the annual safety inspection, and the guy doing the
inspection was not tall, but quite wide, and he got in the drivers seat,
with a big grin, and I don't think he had any complaints about the
seats. :-)

> I'm not big - 6' (used to be, years ago), 180 pounds.
>
> Thanks, Bill Lewis

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21