[DeTomaso] "thar she blows!"...-give me a break here Mike Drew!

Kerry Maguire kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com
Wed Aug 19 21:56:35 EDT 2009

Hi Mike,

In April of 2008, I suffered a heart attack. I checked my bucket list and the only thing on it was a Pantera

Please do not give me a coronary talking about radiator caps and the like.

Please let me eventually RIP.

I own a Pantera that does not care if it is a gallon or so low on coolant and a couple of inches or so low on ZF fluid.

#5606 is a happy camper and I would like it to stay that way.

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire
> I am not used to owning a car that you have to do things like check the
> water level in the radiator. I will be more attentive in the future...

With all this talk of radiator caps and whatnot, this is a wakeup call.
You need to find out what kind of neck you have on your pressure tank, then
get a new cap appropriate for that neck.

What probably happened with your car is that the radiator cap fizzled out;
when the car would get hot it would pump water into the overflow tank, but
when it cooled off, instead of sucking the water back, instead it would suck
air past the cap.