[DeTomaso] "thar she blows!"...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 18:47:35 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/19/09 13 03 34, kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com writes:

> I am not used to owning a car that you have to do things like check the
> water level in the radiator. I will be more attentive in the future...

With all this talk of radiator caps and whatnot, this is a wakeup call.
You need to find out what kind of neck you have on your pressure tank, then
get a new cap appropriate for that neck.

What probably happened with your car is that the radiator cap fizzled out;
when the car would get hot it would pump water into the overflow tank, but
when it cooled off, instead of sucking the water back, instead it would suck
air past the cap.