[DeTomaso] Clutch Slave Adjustment

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 17:59:02 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/19/09 2:34:29 PM, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> How do I adjust the clutch slave? I've always allowed there to be some
> play in the arm when the clutch is not depressed. Not too much, just enough
> so the TO bearing is not riding aginst the pressure plate.

Correct. You can fine-adjust clutch internal clearance by varying the slave
cylinder rod length, or grossly-adjust by moving the bellcrank lever on the
bellhousing cross shaft a spline or two. Note the 'proper' clearance will
change a bit when the engine and ZF are well up to temperature, from thermal
expansion. The bolt does nothing to change the internal clearances. I think
the bolt protrusion on that bracket is simply an included warning-gauge to
tell you clutch wear has changed your internal clearance. Ours was broken off
when we got the car and I've never missed it. Cheers- J Deryke