[DeTomaso] 10 qt oil pans

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 17:43:15 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/19/09 2:32:20 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> How does this contradict what I wrote? You say that the contractor made
> them one inch too long, I said they had to be shortened one inch (because
> they were made too long).

I said "not exactly": SOME sticks were made too long, not all. The TSB for
'71-72s doesn't specify one inch but the accompanying illustration mentions
an inch too much as an example. The TSB also says for owners to measure
their own dipstick for discrepancies; I seriously doubt if the mistake(s) were
all exactly the same, and as mentioned, some sticks have since broken in
service and may have been inexpertly repaired. Cheers- J Deryke