[DeTomaso] Clutch Slave Adjustment

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Aug 19 17:40:48 EDT 2009

Will,

I've been struggling with this myself.  On my Pantera, as long as I've
owned it (about 10 years now), that bolt has never come near the stop,
and it's adjusted all the way toward the stop.  My clutch used to work
fine.  Now, after replacing the clutch, pressure plate and having the
flywheel surfaced, and rebuilding both the master and the slave....
the car is in the air and I can't really check the adjustment, though
I've basically put it back in the very same position.

I did try rotating the lever on the trans one groove toward the slave,
but found I had -no- room for movement then.  So I don't know.  I also
think I -might- have a long throw slave, but don't really know how to
tell.

Photos here:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=1704

http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=371&g2_imageViewsIndex=1