[DeTomaso] Pressure Cap

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Wed Aug 19 17:31:03 EDT 2009

Yes Jack
That's what the Mike Trusty/John Taphorn mods accomplish.You can use the
heater return port in the water pump to connect to the expansion/fill tank
(which has the pressure cap on it). No more tank on the hot side and no more
restriction to getting the hot coolant to the rad. That's not the only way
to do it. The flowkooler pump has a second theaded port to the return side
anyway, but I'm using that for my fan temp sensor. John's heater is fed and
returned up front, but you wouldn't have to do that. He also used a bypass
thermostat, and some bleed pipes at the back of the heads, but those things
are also optional. What is most important is to remove the tank and pressure
cap from the pressure (HOT) side and move it to the cooler return side.

http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/Technical/pantera_coolant_flow.jpg

http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/Technical/Pantera_Cooling-JTaphorn.pdf