[DeTomaso] Octane Booster

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:22:48 EDT 2009

Anything that contains Tetra Ethyl Lead (TEL) or lead based TEL substitutes certainly will foul sensors and is illegal in the US for street use. A lot of octane boosters are a concoction of phosphates or manganese compounds which are also known to foul sensors.

Best bet to be sure is to blend in some 100 octane unleaded gasoline and it's an easy volume calculation as to final octane number.

Julian