[DeTomaso] 10 qt oil pans

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 22:05:18 EDT 2009

I am planning on changing my oil this weekend and I just want to be sure I
have this right. I bought a used oil pan which I believe is a 10 qt pan.
When  filling it with the new oil, I want to bring it up to the full mark on
the  dipstick. This assumes that the dipstick is calibrated to have the oil
at the  right level in the crank case to get the proper splashing, etc. Then
after running the engine a bit, top it off to the full mark again. This
should  be about 10 qts worth.

Yes?

Thanks.

Jeff