[DeTomaso] Pressure cap pressure

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Aug 18 12:20:45 EDT 2009

Asa Jay,

	You're correct about the pressure bottle's water neck depth being too long.
To test it, I used hardware store PVC fittings and hoses to plug the
bottle's openings.  I also added a Schrader valve to one of the PVC
fittings.  After pumping with a bicycle pump until I heard air leakage out
the cap, I read 10 psi at the Schrader valve.  So, I decided to take my
bottle down to the local radiator shop and have a US type neck brazed on (as
Jack DeRyke has suggested).  Now my 16 lb cap gives me 14.5 psi.

Doug