[DeTomaso] Pandora's first trip

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Aug 15 21:48:06 EDT 2009

After finally rescuing my kidnapped and abused car, I drove it to its first real outing today, to the Bowen Scarff all ford show in Kent.  It's about an hour and a half round-trip.  I had just completed putting in the new ATO fuse panel, so that, with the new engine and all the body work that had just been completed, made me a little nervous about all the possible gremlins.

The car ran great, with the exception of a minor fan problem which appears to be just a loose wire at the Dakota Digital fan relay box, which I resolved, and the horn only works when it wants to (a problem it's always had).

Electrically, it looks like I was pretty close, but not perfect in my wiring since now the lighter is switched and the heater/AC fan is unswitched.

The best part is, at the show I won first place in the "All Pantera, Cobra, Ford GT" class.  Of course, that's not as impressive as it sounds, since there were only three entries in that class...

At any rate, the car seems to be ship shape, and I couldn't be happier!  As always, thanks for everyone's help.

Sincerely,

Chris

PS:  How tough is it to find/service/replace the horn?