[DeTomaso] Cylinder Wall question

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 15 13:04:49 EDT 2009

I did block filler on my previous 351C up to the bottom of the freeze plugs.

The oil temps run about 20-40 deg higher.  If you do this, you want to
consider running a heat exchanger.

You want to get the HardBlok for a full fill.  You don't have to do a full
fill.  Just use what you need to get the hardblok to the level you want.  It
contains 2 pouches - one for each side.  I think Dave Williams has
instructions on his site that describes how to do it.  At any rate, if you
get the half-fill HardBlok, it won't be enough.  It'll go about 1/2 way to
the freeze plugs.  If I were doing it again, I'd add more water.  I had a
hard time getting the hard block level.