[DeTomaso] Cylinder Wall question

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sat Aug 15 10:57:51 EDT 2009

Jack I've read numerous posts on the subject and thats what I was concerned with...I like Will's answer better.
I talked to a machine shop Friday that said we should magnaflux the block, but that will only tell me if there
are cracks...sonic testing is the way to go.

I've seen some posts on block fillers?  Below is a link on sonic testing that shed a lot of light on the subject.
The article brings up block filler...anyone had success using block filler on a Cleveland if the walls are thin?
And I know that is a loaded question...how thin, and how much block filler, etc. etc.

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/engines_drivetrain/shortblock/0404sc_sonic/index.html

Tom