[DeTomaso] Recent Performance Threads

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 12:24:03 EDT 2009

On your knock/pinging, I like the MSD #8682 timing controller from Summit,
Jegs and others. This is a little device that can back out up to 15 degrees
of ignition advance, or add some timing if the fuel & conditions allow it.
Very much like a knock sensor but its all manual. I used to use it on
air-cooled engines in place of water injection, and some guys use it when towing
big loads uphill. The 8682 plugs right into a Ford electronic ignition. FWIW-
J Deryke