[DeTomaso] supercharger question

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 10:06:27 EDT 2009

The WHipple is a twin screw and moves more air per turn and requires less force to turn from the engine per the whipple site.  It also is not suppossed to drop off boost at higher rpm like the stock Eaton does.

Once again this is on a Cobra but I suspect the same would be true for a Cleveland.  However, I have always been advised NOT to SC a Cleveland-at least not over 5 PSI and to fit it all in the engine bay and the cost involved would be prohibitive but not impossible.

When I looked at this all and talked with people that know A LOT more than me I was advised to abort the SC idea and just build a stroker if I wanted to keep the cleveland.  Less money, likely more dependable, and fits.

If you have the money to do it an EFI Cleve or Windsor would be cool and unique though.  I bet to do it right would be 15 K unless you already have most of the stuff though.

Just my opinion though.

Clay

CC: claywillmott at hotmail.com; wkooiman at earthlink.net; detomaso at realbig.com