[DeTomaso] Recent Performance Threads

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Fri Aug 14 08:50:03 EDT 2009

Boyd,
 Thanks for asking questions on the list recently regarding performance upgrades such as supercharging,
turbos,etc. as well as bringing up many answers about EFI that have been expertly answered by those on
the list that are "in the know"! All the enlightening answers from members has made for very interesting
reading on my part & hopefully, some of this knowlege will rub off on me & my car both. At the present
time ( after running last weeks' ORR in Nebraska) I'm in the process of installing a water-methanol
injection system (read cheapest alternative)  on the Pantera to rid myself of the tendency of my car to ping @ WOT on pump gas due to it being rebuilt several years ago with slightly more compression than was intended. I'm tired of buying 110 race gas to mix with local 91 octane pump gas to cure my pinging. Of course, on a longer trip like the 1000 miles I put on the car last week I can only run 89-91 octane fuel from the regular gas stations on the route - thankfully, 110 race gas is available in Arnold before the race so no pinging problems on course. Since I'm more of a "Lurker" on this list than a "Regular Poster" I
appreciate all the info gleened from questions put forward by the guys like yourself. I read all of the posts
daily so I never miss any info on any subject brought up by the daily posters & appreciate it all! You &
the rest of the guys (& gals) keep up the good work!

Cordially,
 Bob (Rowdy) Radefeld   #5042