[DeTomaso] supercharger question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 01:20:14 EDT 2009

We currently have two out of 4 vehicles with blowers, but they're factory
setups; one Eaton w/ flat-belt drive & one turbo with a modified boost
controller. In the mountains at 4700-5500 ft, they work fine if you're satisfied
with 6-7psi boost- which basically puts the engine power back to sea level.
Biggest problem I see with superchargers is when you get to high boost, the
belt width needed to drive one increases and there's not much extra space up
front in a normal Pantera, unless you use my slide-the-powertrain back
trick. There was one guy in the Nor-Cal club years ago that managed to get a BDS
blower (unknown size) in a Pantera; he used a toothed gilmer belt drive so
maybe thats another way around the belt problem. I also remember it ran good
with a single big Holley and got around 10 mpg on the highway going to
'Vegas from the Bay Area, so he was ALWAYS looking for gas stations. Power costs
fuel; how fast d'you want to go, and for how long?
J DeRyke, rookie blower guy