[DeTomaso] Brake repair terror

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:13:05 EDT 2009

I'm removing my brake booster to have it sent off to the rebuilder.
The first step (after blocking the wheels and disconnecting the
battery for some reason) is to remove the clevis pin from the pedal to
the master push rod.  I'm fumbling around in the car's naughty bits
and I can't find the pin.  I thought "crap, probably has stupid
E-clips instead".  There's some washers up there... and... it feels
like a nut on both sides.  Weird.  I start turning one of them, and
then the other.

The nut came off in my fingers.  That's all I had between me and the
Great Maker: a bolt, 6 washers and a finger not-tight nut.

sean