[DeTomaso] Fwd: RE: Drilled Bolts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 14:55:39 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/12/09 11 51 50, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> I got information back from ARP regarding the two bolts they could
> fabricate for the brake calipers.  Here is the info.  Bottom line,
> nearly $20 a bolt at the minimum quantity I spec'd.
>
> There would need to be 25 people interested at that price in order to
> make a purchase at that price.  Else it's buy the bolts from somoene
> like McMaster Carr and drill them yourself.

Or else, the third option--buy them from Europe where they are common and
available.

I've got Gary Roys looking into it now for us--he works in high-end
manufacturing and tooling for a company that's based in Germany, and he's putting
his German counterpart on the case for us. :>)

The front bolts are M12 x 1.25 x 35; the rear bolts (except for GT5-era
cars) are M12 x 1.5 x 35.

Each car would need four of each bolt, of course.

Stand by for a more realistic quote...:>)