[DeTomaso] Centerforce Clutches

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Wed Aug 12 14:50:24 EDT 2009

Garth,

	I've installed 3 centerforce clutches now.  A dual friction for my Pantera,
a dual friction for my son's blown 96GT Mustang and one of the new
Centerforce DFX clutches in my 98 Cobra Mustang.  If I remember right, all
three of them had warnings in the instructions not to apply max torque for
500 miles.  And they're not talking about just go out on a 500 mile freeway
trip, they really want you to accumulate 500 miles of around town driving.
This way the clutch goes through many gentle start-from-a-stop and shifting
cycles before you demand max torque out of it.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505