[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 61, Issue 12- Centerforce clutch

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 11:00:15 EDT 2009

Will,
I have been running the same clutch for 4 1/2 years
with my 411 inch Windsor...  Seating time???  maybe 20 hours of race time
on it..
The first time I ever drove it was on the track
at the Vegas Track event... I have run numerous
track events... one hillclimb, one silver state, several
autocrossess... My guess is I am approx 600 hp at
the flywheel but never had it on the dyno... based on
its twin motor that was smaller, had a smaller carb,
had a more restrictive exhaust.. was 593hp at the crank
.. centerforce clutch is from Byers

I have autocrossed several other cars (Pontiacs)
with over 550 lbs of torque and never ever broke
in the clutch with 8 motors previously... lucky I
got to drive them around the block before they
were raced!!!

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera