[DeTomaso] Question on Throttle Cable /Springs on Carb

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:28:57 EDT 2009

Here is a temporary link to the remaining 80% of my carb article:

http://www.geocities.com/pantera_tech/Diary_2.html

At least for as long as geocities exists...

Chuck

I switched to a smaller carburetor and my previous carburetor had a throttle cable inside
a spring.  By this I mean there is no separate safety spring but the throttle cable in the
spring assembly pushes back towards the rear of the car at rest.

>>>This is the modern equivalent to the 'old' style throttle cable.
There are pics of this on my website, but since you have one you know this already - grin.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/CarbDiary1.asp

On the directions and other Panteras I have seen the cable to the carb is a simple cable

>>>This is the standard (old) style cable.

and they have an apparatus or method of making/converting a safety spring.

Does anyone know if the Pantera is suppossed to have only this cable inside a spring and
no other springs?

>>>To pass track event tech inspections, one must have "two" return springs (or more).
This does not count the spring that may be between the carb linkage and the carb body...
That butterfly spring does not count as one of the two, to meet requirements.

Just went to add links of other pics... DOOP! and I realize pages 2-6+ are not connected
to the carb page 1 ...I'll go fix that.

Chuck

If not does anyone have an easy fix or pics?

I removed an 800 cfm Holley 4150 series and put on a new Edelbrock 650cfm.

Thanks
Clay

Windows LiveT: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=PID23384::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:NF_BR_sync:082009