[DeTomaso] efi horse power gain

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 11:19:22 EDT 2009

Jack,

    It is correct that most the manifolds made for C3 heads are cast undersized, and the poirts in the heads are also cast undersized, to allow the engine builder to create the preferred ports, but these manifolds show up fairly often for between $100 and $200, so it's not a big deal.  I paid about $300 for my Jesel rocker set with new rockers and used bars,  I guess it's all where you want to go with the engine.  I wanted the best flowing ports I could afford, and the C3 heads fit that goal.  The NASCAR stuff is a deal because as soon as they find few HP, the old parts are scrap to them.  But it's a challenge to figure out which parts to buy.

Ken