[DeTomaso] efi horse power gain

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:01:59 EDT 2009

Jack,

I have no idea how each cylinder's vacuum pulse can cancel out each other. That
means one pulse would be negative (vacuum) and the other positive (pressure).
Something seriously wrong with that engine!
Logically, the vacuum from each cylinder should be sequentially
additive until the
plenum value reaches steady state at a given engine rpm.

Whatever the case theoretically, with individual vacuum tubes from each of
my throttle bodies attached to the central plenum, I do have a
manifold pressure.
The ECU uses this as in input and I see the values change as the rpm changes
when I monitor the engine functions. So it does work.

I suppose one could argue that it doesn't react fast enough instantaneously to
be a 'good' input to the ECU. That's why TPS can be another input. As with all
computer control systems, the more information, the better the control.
I am assuming that the algorithms and programming are 'correct' here!
;-)

As a side note, I only use the #2 cylinder throttle body as a vacuum
source for my Pantera
brake booster. I was told this was not possible and would never work as there
would not be enough vacuum. Darn it, it inexplicably works with no drama.

:-)

Later,
Kirby