[DeTomaso] Broken Block

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Mon Aug 10 12:48:04 EDT 2009

     I recently discovered that my block is broken after last year's crash.  One of the motor mount bosses is broken off the block and is probably located somewhere in the Utah desert.  I was hoping that the engine had survived unscathed,  but that was not the case.  The 408 stroker Cleveland was barely broken in with about 2500 miles on it.  My question is,  can this block be repaired without disassembling the engine?  Or,  can this block be repaired at all?  The block was bored .030 over.

Art